Sunday, April 20, 2008

100 Days Memorial of Dr. Chen

Let us pause to remember
and to honor the life and legacy of

Dr. Henry Chen
The most honorable man on earth
This coming Sunday, April 20
will be the 100 days anniversary of
Dr. Henry Chen's passing.
THERE IS NO PLAN FOR ANY
OFFICIAL MEMORIAL SERVICE.

Please take a brief 5 minutes silence in memory of Dr.Chen together on this day where ever you are.
I am still welcome any personal or special note that you want to write to Dr. Chen. There is no dateline. You could write in the comment section at end of page, or simply email amiephotography@gmail.com.

Writing is my way of coping.
Below is my personal note to Dr. Chen, my Hero.
He'd touched my life greatly in many personal ways. He was my role model and my friend. I also would like to dedicate my Tulip Arts to him.
Dear Dr. Chen,

The last time PC and I saw you at the Star Lane house on the New Year's day 2007 was still fresh in my memory. I can still see you sat there in a chair in the family room talking to us. I sat on the floor at a sort of right angle to you most of the time and we had a great talk. And now I regret I could had stayed longer, I could had told you how much you meant to us.

You'd shown me that happiness lies in giving, than receiving. True happiness comes from spiritual wealth, not material wealth. I've learned the secret of happiness is giving, not getting. To get joy, we must give and to keep joy,
we must scatter it.

It is still hard for me to face the truth that you really, truly are gone. But I am sure you are at last rest in peace with God.You had so much love to give. You'd created the whole
new meaning of happiness in giving.
We shall miss you always,
Amie and PC
God looked around His garden

And found an empty place

He then looked down upon the earth

And saw your tired face

He put His arms around you

And lifted you to rest

God’s garden must be beautiful,

He always takes the best

He knew that you would never

get well on earth again.

He saw the road was getting rough

And the hills were hard to climb

So He closed your weary eyelids,

And whispered “Peace Be Thine.”

It breaks our hearts to lose you

But you didn’t go alone.

For part of us went with you,

The day God called you home.



I’m Free

Don’t grieve for me, for now I’m free

I’m following the path God has laid you see.

I took His hand when I heard him call

I turned my back and left it all.

I could not stay another day

To laugh, to love, to work, to play.

Tasks left undone must stay that way

I found that peace at the close of day.

If my parting has left a void

Then fill it with remembered joy.

A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss

Oh yes, these things I too will miss.

Be not burdened with times of sorrow

I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.

My life’s been full, I savored much

Good friends, good times, a loved one’s touch.

Perhaps my time seemed all too brief

Don’t lengthen it now with undue grief.

Lift up your hearts and peace to thee

God wanted me now; He set me free.

Perhaps the fact of life most conducive to living fully as a person is an honest awareness and acceptance of death. When we can embrace death as simply another aspect of the life cycle, we will give appreciation and value to each life encounter knowing that it will never occur again.

~Leo Buscaglia


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Dr. Chen,

Then and now I still wonder what you're doing in heaven. Do you have your own office? Do you still have a nice house? Do you still see patients(somehow?)We all miss you.

Michael D. & family